Cofounder of Seoul Space, Kstartup
Manager Director, Fashion Technology Accelerator, Seoul
Founder, CEO of +822
I love BIG thinking that moves big pieces on the board, creates value, and pushes the human condition forward. I build ecosystems that bridge Asia to the world through Korea or innovation platforms, and work with and/or invest in companies that do so.
Strength: Unlimited Grit / Being grateful for the ride, no matter the ups and downs.
Weakness: Sour Patch Kids
DID & DO:
* Originally recruited by Google to lead Korea operations, near 20 years “in-the-trenches” experience helping companies be successful in the notoriously difficult, but ultra-savvy Korean market including: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Estee Lauder Companies, Paramount Pictures, Sanrio Digital, etc.
* Managing Director of the Fashion Technology Accelerator, Seoul, and Cofounder of Korea’s two premier startup hub and accelerator, Seoul Space and Kstartup.
* Founder of +822 (Plus Eight Two Two): Seoul Convergence Summit, at intersection of Technology and the Arts.
Our startups and programs have received and investment and/or partnerships from: Y-Combinator, 500Startups, Google’s Entrepreneurship Program, Samsung, NHN Investments, GS Investments, Quest Ventures, and more. I continue as a Mentor, Board Advisor and investor for various Korean startups.
* Speaker, panelist, radio host, judge and startup evangelist at many tech forums and conferences worldwide, and covered in global media including Bloomberg, Vice Media, CNBC, ABC News, INC Magazine, SXSW, ArirangTV, ETNews, Techcrunch and more.
* Work directly with Korea’s top conglomerates, academia, and government Ministries to stimulate the rapid evolution of the Korea startup ecosystem through startup programs, events and agency services.
* Avid birder, former NCAA Championships swimmer and Team captain, martial artist, oldschoolz skateboarder, artist, 9-ball tournament player, equestrian rider and life junkie.